Re: [Condor-users] jobs suspended by the presence of root?

Frédéric Bastien wrote:
Hi,

I have some workstation that are configured to suspend the jobs when
someone use the keyboard or are connected by ssh.

If I make an ssh as root, I think that this also suspend the jobs. Is
that really the case? What can I do if I want to monitor the computer
without disturbing the jobs to find some problem? Can root be an
exception to the connection by ssh? Otherwise, I will need to modify
the config dynamically witch seem more complex then needed.

thanks for your time.

Frédéric Bastien

If you have some way to access the machine on a specific tty you could try to make Condor ignore that tty, by being explicit with what CONSOLE_DEVICES are considered.

Best,

matt