Re: [Condor-users] Running multiple batch files under one description file or running multiple description files under the same condor_submit command

condor_submit is well suited for this. you can have multiple queue commands in a single submit file...

universe = vanilla
executable = /bin/true
queue 1
executable = /bin/false
queue 2

...will give you two false jobs and 1 true. you can expand this too...

(below, purely illustrative)

universe = vanilla
executable = /bin/true
run_as_user = true
queue 1
run_as_user = false
queue 1

...will give you 1 job run as the user and one not.

hope that gives you a taste for what you can do.

best,

matt

p.s. if you want to do case #2 you can just concatenate all the files...

Alas, Alex [FEDI] wrote:
Hello to all Condor users (Gurus, Experts, not so experts and the rest
of us) again,

I have a very important question, I have a condor pool of 23 Windows
nodes (CPU's). The way we are running batching jobs today is creating a
batch file that will encompass 500 process into one file. The way I
understand condor when a submitting machine sends a job to the Central
Manager Systems, it will allocate that batch file (submitting job) to
only one CPU or the first CPU that matches its requirements, then the
second, the third and so on until it matches the amount of time you
stipulated to run the job in your queue. For a better understanding of
my question I am adding a sample of the submitting job and a sample of
the batch file we are running. As I said before some time we run some
jobs with up to 500 process on one batch file. To clarify my question I
will create two different scenarios, case 1 and 2;
Case 1: I need to know if there is a way I can run multiple batch files
under the same description file for example adding the another
testjob1.bat right after \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob.bat> ;
\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob1.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob1.bat> , in some cases up to
500 different batch files, and can those multiple and different files
being executed on different CPU's.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Case 1:

Description File sample:

UNIVERSE = VANILLA

REQUIREMENTS = (Arch == "INTEL" && OpSys == "WINNT52" || Arch == "INTEL"
&& OpSys == "WINNT51")

NOTIFY_USER = user1@xxxxxxxxxx,user2@xxxxxxxxxx

INITIALDIR = c:\condor\execute

SHOULD_TRANSFER_FILES = YES

WHEN_TO_TRANSFER_OUTPUT = ON_EXIT

TRANSFER_INPUT_FILES =
\\Sharename\Subdir1\BatchProcessingPackage\Subdir3\Subdir4\lasEnvelop.ex

RUN_AS_OWNER = TRUE

EXECUTABLE =  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob.bat> ,  ||

  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob1.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob1.bat>  ||

  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob2.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob2.bat>  ||

  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob3.bat
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob3.bat>
OUTPUT = testjob.out.$(Process)

ERROR = testjob.err.$(Process)

LOG = testjob.log

QUEUE 1

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Case 2:
If that is not possible is there a way to submit multiple jobs under one
condor_submit command.

Condor_submit Test_job.txt, Test_job1.txt, Test_job2.txt... up to n
jobs...

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Samples:

Description File sample; Test_job.txt:

UNIVERSE = VANILLA

REQUIREMENTS = (Arch == "INTEL" && OpSys == "WINNT52" || Arch == "INTEL"
&& OpSys == "WINNT51")

NOTIFY_USER = user1@xxxxxxxxxx,user2@xxxxxxxxxx

INITIALDIR = c:\condor\execute

SHOULD_TRANSFER_FILES = YES

WHEN_TO_TRANSFER_OUTPUT = ON_EXIT

TRANSFER_INPUT_FILES =
\\Sharename\Subdir1\BatchProcessingPackage\Subdir3\Subdir4\lasEnvelop.ex

RUN_AS_OWNER = TRUE

EXECUTABLE =  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\testjob.bat

OUTPUT = testjob.out.$(Process)

ERROR = testjob.err.$(Process)

LOG = testjob.log

QUEUE 1

Testjob.bat:

echo off

\\Sharename\Subdir1\BatchProcessingPackage_beta\Subdir3\Subdir4\Envelop.
exe 3 -1 2 \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\Envelop.txt
\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2 a.LAS
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2%20a.LAS>  (Process 1)

\\Sharename\Subdir1\BatchProcessingPackage_beta\Subdir3\Subdir4\Envelop.
exe 3 -1 2  \\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2\Envelop.txt
\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2 b.LAS
<file:///\\Sharename\Subdir1\Subdir2%20b.LAS>  (Process 2)

Respectfully,

Alex Alas

Systems Administrator
Fugro EarthData Inc.

Tel. 301-948-8550 x219 Fax 301-963-2064 E-mail: aalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:aalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
7320 Executive Way, Frederick, MD  21704

Website: http://www.fugroearthdata.com <http://www.earthdata.com/>