Re: [Condor-users] condor_q -analyze & kerberos

Hi Steven,

Steven Timm wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Lee Damon wrote:
>
>> My condor pool is set up with the goal that users who authenticated to a
>> system (by logging in) do not need to have a kerberos ticket to interact
>> with condor but where the systems themselves need one to talk with each
>> other (so boxes I don't control can't just join the pool).
>>
>> Without a kerberos ticket jobs are submitted fine.  condor_q shows them
>> just fine.  However, when a user runs condor_q -better they get back:
>>    Error:  Could not fetch startd ads
>
> setting
> SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL
> SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL

Would this compromise the requirement that client _hosts_ authenticate,
or does this only effect users?

> should let you do condor_q -better without a kerberos principal.
> If that doesn't work then
>
> export _CONDOR_TOOL_DEBUG=D_ALL
> condor_q -debug -better ....

FS doesn't work because it's a remote query

KERBEROS doesn't work because it's complaining about credentials for the
user. (There aren't any because we're trying to make it so users don't
need them, just hosts).

thanks,
nomad