Re: [Condor-users] Problem running 7.2.0 on x86_64 RHEL5

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 09:27:50AM +1100, John Twyman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just tried upgrading our Condor installation from 7.0.2 to 7.2 on
> a 64-bit RHEL5 system and hit a problem. I hope someone can shed some
> light on it for me.

it seems that an older master is trying to spawn a new startd (and other
daemons).

when you do 'condor_restart', make sure to use the -master flag to cause
the master itself to restart.  otherwise, you'll be running two different
versions of condor on the same machine.

or, failing that, kill everything manually and rerun the condor_master.

now, that said, i wasn't aware of this incompatibility and will check into
it.  just to be clear, you were using a 7.0.2 master before?

cheers,
-zach