Re: [Condor-users] Negotiator crashing

Peter Doherty <doherty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like my Negotiator keeps crashing.  If I look in the
> NegotiatorLog I see this:
>
> 6/22 14:09:08 ERROR "Assertion ERROR on
> (resource_hash.insert( ResourceName, ResourceAd ) == 0)" at line 785
> in file Accountant.cpp

This was a bug in the negotiator; a fix will be in 7.2.5.

Almost no-one should see the bug.  To hit this bug, you need at
least two Machine ads in your condor_collector with identical
Names, but different StartdIpAddrs.  Condor should never do this
itself.  However, if you are using condor_advertise to advertise
custom Machine ads (typically as part of the grid universe), you
should be aware of this either: Upgrade to 7.2.5 when available,
or avoid having ads with identical Names but different
StartdIpAddrs.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/