[Condor-users] condor_submit -unused

I am trying to add an attribute to my classads:

ShortName = Foo

When I submit the job I get a warning message about the attribute being unused.  When I do "condor_q -l JOB_ID" the attribute ShortName is not there anymore.  I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what, since I understood this was a standard property of ClassAd's -- the ability to add arbitrary properties.  The -unused option on condor_submit sounded like it might be the solution, however this just supresses the warning.  The ShortName attribute is still removed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

On a related note, does Condor provide any "introspection" capabilities so a running job that knows it is being run through Condor can query the system for its current ClassAd?

Ian

man page extract for condor_submit:

       -unused

          As a default, causes no warnings to be issued about user-defined macros not being used within  the  submit  description  file.  The
          meaning  reverses  (toggles)  when  the  configuration  variable WARN_ON_UNUSED_SUBMIT_FILE_MACROSis set to the nondefault value of
          False. Printing the warnings can help identify spelling errors of submit description  file  commands.  The  warnings  are  sent  to
          stderr.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                            W: http://sbgrid.org
ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75