Re: [Condor-users] Changing DAEMON_LIST on the fly?

Hi Carsten,

Unfortunately, changes to DAEMON_LIST require a full restart of condor. You could start quill by hand, but then the master won't be managing it on shutdown/restart/reconfig.

--Dan

Carsten Aulbert wrote:
Hi all,

is there a way to change the daemon list on the fly? E.g. I would like to change DAEMON_LIST=MASTER,CKPT_SERVER,STARTD to DAEMON_LIST=MASTER,CKPT_SERVER,STARTD, QUILL

a condor_reconfig does not seem to force the master to reload the config file thus the master won't start condor_quill. I have yet not dared to kill the master and restart it as I fear this will affect running jobs. Is there a way to make the changes known to condor_master without killing running jobs?

Cheers

Carsten

PS: Final question: Anyone with experience how well quill scales with ~ 1700 nodes connection to a single quill DB server?