Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs in Xen (vm universe)

Trilok,

There are a few easy ways to get condor running your executable. If you look at the information here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/2_11Virtual_Machine.html

-In your VM Image configured to run a script, say run.bat, on the CD-ROM. Then your submit files would contain something like:
 vm_cdrom_files = run.bat, input.txt, common.data.txt
 vm_should_transfer_cdrom_files = YES

-Put a script in the Startup sequence for windows that runs the arguments passed in via condor. The start-up script could execute the CD-ROMs condor.arg file, and your submit file would contain:
arguments= c:\myprog\program_to_run.exe -i inputs

-Have Condor run inside your VM

There are a few considerations for each of these options, but these are the general strategies for doing what you're trying to do.

Hope this helps,
Doug