Re: [Condor-users] Condor install on Windows XP

> I am new to condor and I am in the process of installing condor on a
closed system
> (4 machines and a host) for testing purposes. I have installed condor
on each
> machine: condor installed on host first and the remaining machines are
then added
> to the pool (specified in the setup GUI/msi). When I use condor_status
from the
> host, nothing is printed to the screen. When I use condor_status
-master on the
> host, I get a list of the host as well as the four other machines in
the pool.
> Does anyone have an idea as to what I have done wrong with the install
process or
> why I am not getting output from condor_status?

By default condor_status only shows you information about execute nodes,
nodes running condor_startd daemons. If condor_status -master shows you
all four hosts that's good -- it means they're all reporting your
central collector daemon correctly. It sounds like you just haven't got
any condor_startd daemons started on your machines. Did you set them up
to be execute nodes when you installed Condor? You need to make sure
DAEMON_LIST contains at least startd in the list of daemons to start.
Check your process tree for a condor_startd.exe process. Check your log
directory for a StartLog file from the condor_startd.exe (maybe it tried
to start but died).

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.