Re: [Condor-users] I have to use VM Player in VM Universe; how?

Rob wrote:

Hi,

 I read that Condor works fine with VM Server.

Correct.

However, I have to run Condor on Windows/XP pool-Pcs that
have VM Player installed.

Would that work out-of-the-box, or does it need extra tweaks?

Out of the box, the VM Universe in Condor does not support VMWare Player. There are several reasons why we opted to only worry about the Server product for now, such as VMWare Player only allows one VM to run per host (a real bummer on today's multi-core CPUs), and at least as of a year ago, Player did not have rich enough API interfaces to allow Condor to control/manage the vm programatically.

VMWare Server does not suffer from these limitations, and is also available at zero cost btw.

regards,
Todd