[Condor-users] notify_user issue with Windows XP

We have a Windows Condor network with about 15 machines.  We've just upgraded to 7.2.4 (the same issue occurred in our brief use of 7.2.3) from 6.8.8, and have noticed that the notify_user feature in the submit file has stopped working on the Windows XP machines.  Strangely enough, it still works just fine on our lone Windows 2000 machine.

The error we get from our mail server is:

"Wed 2009-06-24 08:37:18: *  Winsock Error 10054 Connection was reset by the other side!"

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?  There have been no changes to the pool computers (or submit files) other than the Condor version change.

Thanks much in advance...