Re: [Condor-users] Condor Group Accounting

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Noorisyam Hamid wrote:

Good Day everybody,

I have a question about amount of share that is distributed among the
groups via group accounting.
Let say I have 100 resources in the pool and the shares have been
configured as follows:

VOA = 75
VOB = 25

Conceptually, VOA will receive 75 of resources while the rest will be
taken by VOB.

Due to the dynamic nature of grid in terms of fluctuation of resources
availabilities, the pool suddenly shrink to 50 resources.
May I know what will happen to the resource allocation? Is the share
will be distributed based on percentage 75% : 25% ??

VOA could still take up to the full 50 if you configure it that way.
I had heard that condor was planning to add the feature to allocate
percentages of the pool to group quotas but I do not see it
in the current manual.  Maybe someone else has tried?

And one more thing, each time of updating the amount of share in the
global policy requires Condor to be restarted?

No--you just have to do a condor_reconfig on the machine
that is running the condor_negotiator.

Steve Timm

Appreciate of your advice.

Thanks.

-syam

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.