Re: [Condor-users] condor_rm -constraint bug?

David Brodbeck wrote:
The answer to this is probably "it's fixed in 7.x", but I thought I'd mention it here just in case. One of my users reports that condor_rm interprets constraints differently from condor_q. He was trying to remove the idle jobs from a job cluster. We're running v6.8.8.

condor_q jdoe -constraint JobStatus==1

...worked as intended, listing only the idle jobs.  But...

condor_rm jdoe -constraint JobStatus==1

...removed the entire job cluster.

condor_rm jdoe -constraint JobStatus==1 is removing all jobs with JobStatus==1 AND all jobs owned by jdoe. He probably noticed that the cluster was gone, because all his jobs were gone.

$ condor_rm jdoe -constraint JobStatus==1
User jdoe's job(s) have been marked for removal.
Couldn't find/remove all jobs matching constraint (JobStatus==1)

Best,

matt