Re: [Condor-users] Please Help!

David Brodbeck wrote:
RedHat by default sets up the /etc/hosts file with the machine's hostname associated with 127.0.0.1. I've always had to change this to put the hostname on the same line as the machine's "real" IP address to get Condor to work properly. (I've been told, but haven't verified, that using the NETWORK_INTERFACE or BIND_ALL_INTERFACES directives will work around this.) In my case the problem was it was only listening on 127.0.0.1, though, so I think the original poster's problem may be something else.

Similarly, I spotted the other day that Ubuntu was putting this line in /etc/hosts
127.0.1.1 shortmachinename

as well as the usual 127.0.0.1 loopback.

I commented out the 127.0.1.1 and all was well with Condor starting up.
Anyone know why Ubuntu does this?
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam