[Condor-users] CONSOLE_DEVICES in Condor for Windows

Hi,

I have a cluster of PCs running Condor for Windows 7.0.4. All machines were set up to only runs jobs when the CPU is idle and there is no keyboard AND mouse activity. I now want to change the configuration to keep the same CPU idle criteria, but ONLY monitor keyboard activity.

My initial attempt involved simply using the CONSOLE_DEVICES option in the local condor_config file to specify which devices should be used to monitor console inactivity. Apart from defining CONSOLE_DEVICES, the condor_config file remained unchanged from the default created by the initial installation process. To only monitor the keyboard, I defined CONSOLE_DEVICES as 'console', assuming console constitutes the keyboard. However, jobs were still suspended with mouse activity. I then defined CONSOLE_DEVICES as 'mouse', hoping to only see jobs suspend with mouse activity, but keyboard activity still suspended jobs.

Can someone please inform me whether the CONSOLE_DEVICES option is active/functional in Condor for Windows? And if it is, please advise me on what needs to be changed in the default condor_config file to only monitor keyboard activity.

Any help is appreciated