Re: [Condor-users] Condor service failed to stop

Hi Pavel:

For the first machine: When I start condor service two processes are started
- condor_master and condor_startd. But in several seconds after start (10-15
sec) condor_startd dies and condor_master became consume 50% of CPU. After
that I can't stop condor service. When I try to do this - I receive an error
message about unable to stop service due to exceeded response time. It
should be noted that condor_status on the central manager doesn't show this
machine in the list neither when the service is "running", nor after my
attempt to stop it.
<<<

Can you post the master and startd logs? (Preferably with debugging turned
up to, say, D_FULLDEBUG.)  Also, when the startd dies, does it leave a core
file behind?  If so, please post that too.

Is there something you are doing in your configuration file that is
different than the other machines?

Regards,
-B