From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
Sent: 16 March 2009 19:25
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Is 7.2.1 Windows release linked against
somethingthat 7.0.x wasn't?

The 7.0.1 Windows binaries run fine on my older Windows XP machines but
the latest 7.2.1 are giving me problems. Only on older WinXP machines.
They run fine from the network location on my laptop running the latest
WinXP SP3 updates.

When I try to run condor_status I get a pop up that says:

        condor_status.exe - Application Error
        The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002).
Click on OK to terminate the application.

This smells of runtime linking issue. Did you switch MSVC runtime
libraries or something in the 7.2.1 release? I don't want to go pushing
unnecessary runtime updates to my clients unless I absolutely have to so
I thought I'd ask first.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.