Re: [Condor-users] runtime configuration

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 04:41:57PM -0400, Preston Smith wrote:
> We do this indirectly, rather than directly adjusting START:
>
> STARTD_SETTABLE_ATTRS_OWNER =  StartingOK
> STARTING_OK = ( $(StartingOK) =!= False )

It did not work, but maybe I am doing it wrongly.
I figured out that a child process of condor_config_val
parses the config file and resets the variables, also when using the
-rset option. Is it done by purpose?
The variables are instantly reset.

I even don't know how it works with condor v7.1, but resetting did work.
I guess the config was not beeing parsed, but currently, I can not
proof this.

Any thoughts? Should I ask the developers?

Cheers,
Henning