Re: [Condor-users] Location of Execution files

> Great, I see, so it's the process ID, I will check out
> _Condor_Exec_Dir and the Search through 7.2/3 releases
> for the new config variable.

I just checked a job (all my jobs dump the environment when they start)
and it's: _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR

        _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR = d:\abc\condor\execute\dir_400

> What I am trying to do is change my code, previously I had a Microsoft
Excel
> spreadsheet file on each local directory, however I will be moving to
a new
> and bigger set up where I won't be able to place the file on each PC.
So i
> have to farm out the Excel file, along with the program I will be
executing.
> I'm looking to change my code so that it will open up the Excel file
within
> the temp execution directory. If there is a simple way to do this I
would
> appreciate any guidance.

You can have Condor transfer both your code and the Excel spreadsheet to
the remote directory for the job. Then you just need to change your code
to look in the working directory for any input files it requires.

I have to admit I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, so
general advice here is hard to give. Sounds like you have a handle on an
approach though. If you've got a specific question maybe I can be of
more help! Sorry. :)

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.