From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Burnett [burnett@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 March 2009 17:57
To: 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Can't install condor on my laptop

Hi Ahmed:

I've been battling this over the last few days and here
are the things I've discovered that can or may help (you
may not need to do all of them, and the order you do them
in, as far as I can tell, does not matter):

1) If it exists, move the original Condor directory out
   of the way.

2) Using the Task Manager, list all user process and kill
   any stray msiexec.exe process.

3) Move the installer into a directory with no spaces in
   it.

4) Remove any of the
   "MAKEMSI_VBSCA-Condor for Windows(7.2.2)-*.log"
   Files from root of the system drive.

But, before you do any of that, could you send me the
result of re-running the installation (which will still
fail) but keep a detailed log of the installation?

Here is the command:

  msiexec /l*vx c721.log /i condor-7.2.1-winnt50-x86.msi

Thanks,
-B