[Condor-users] unable to run condor_master on fedora machine

Hello,

I recently installed condor 7.2.1 on my department group machines. We have a set of 8 computers that are authenticated by a server. For condor I'm using my machine as the administrator (this is not the server machine). I did the following:

1. Installed condor with manager, submit and execute privileges for my computer (comp1)
2. Installed condor with submit and execute privileges on comp2
3. modified condor_config for both computers
4. Run condor_master on comp1 first and then comp2

I got the following error messages on both computers

on comp1
ERROR "gethostbyname(comp1) failed, errno = 25" at line 187 in file my_hostname.cpp

on comp2
ERROR "gethostbyname(comp2) failed, errno = 25" at line 187 in file my_hostname.cpp

I'm unable to figure out what is happening. Could someone please suggest something I can do to fix this.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
-Shweta