Re: [Condor-users] condor_master.exe doesnot start onwindows machine reboot

> Seems "public = yes" in Ian's SMB configuration might make the
difference.

It's a synonym for "guest ok = yes" so he's covered there.

I think the key difference is that I force the use of the guest account
always for anyone accessing my share. And my guest account is a local
/etc/passwd account on the machine. I'm fairly certain Klaus' config
will first to do authentication (which should always fail for a daemon
running as the SYSTEM account) and then fall back on the guest account.
Which could account for the access delay.

Klaus, my suggestion: try my config if you can stomach the changes to
the share. Or set up a new share with my settings. Samba is a beast to
tame. I'm not going to claim an deep knowledge. Just a patient,
experimental process for figuring out best option settings. :)

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.