[Condor-users] Condor on a ram drive

Condor Version 7.2.1, OS Windows Server 2003 x64.

I’m toying with the notion of running condor jobs from a ram drive. I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried this. This biggest problem I see is that condor config points to a directory that holds all the executables and such and that obviously if I install that to the ram drive it’s going to disappear as soon as the machine loses power. The only idea I have is as follows:

Startup script that copies all the files and folders from a hard disk location to the ram drive after the server has started and the ram drive has been created.

I haven’t gotten to any testing yet, I wanted to get a better idea of things I’m not thinking of or better ideas or if anyone else has had this idea and found it to be a terrible one.

So… Any ideas?