Re: [Condor-users] Subitting parallel (MPI) jobs using DRMAA

Atle Rudshaug wrote:
I'm trying to submit parallel environment (MPI) jobs using DRMAA. How can i specify the parallel environment and number of cpu's easily using DRMAA? I also want to be able to use SGE and other queue systems.

Condor's DRMAA library submits VANILLA universe jobs by default. I am not a DRMAA expert, but I think you'd have to use a DRMAA job category (most portable) or use DRMAA native specifications (most flexible).

Using DRMAA job categories, have something like the following in /etc/drmaa :

   [categories]
   parallel_job_category = Universe = parallel\n machine_count = 4

Using DRMAA native specifications + Condor, the attribute DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION can be used to direct all commands supported within Condor's submit description files. See the condor_submit manual page for a complete list. Multiple commands can be specified if separated by newlines. Thus, you could set Attr DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION something like:

  drmaa_set_attribute(jobtemplate, DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION,
      "universe=parallel\nmachine_count=8",
      err_buf, sizeof(err_buf)-1);

Hope this is at least enough to point you in the right direction.

regards,
Todd