Re: [Condor-users] Queueing ssh sessions?

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 01:25:28PM -0400, Ian Chesal wrote:

:I can tell you know: this is a nightmare support situation. Especially
:if you've got a lot of different tools. But particuarly with MatLab

Amen to that!

Currently here the Matlab licenses float and we have enough so that
works out (usually :)  The Parallel Computing Toolkit license is the
only one that's special to the cluster since in this model the worker
nodes only need the PCT license not a regular Matlab license or any
other toolkits, so for us this is simple.

The new interest in actual parallel jobs is the current complicating
factor.  Unlike a "regular" parallel universe job the master "task0"
job is called interactively and spawns the worker nodes when asked.  I
haven't yet been able to map this to a condor submission model (though
this discussion is getting me closer looking at how you queue
interactive jobs).

If I let people go around the queue I get license scheduling hell, but
saying sorry you can't do that isn't any better.

:Hope that helps.

I think it does.

Thanks,
-Jon