Re: [Condor-users] Number of Condor clients dropping over time

> We have about 30 PCs (~50 slots) running Windows XP. About 6 months ago
> we had about ~25 of the machines running Condor. Then, we got a couple
> more machines and added condor to a few others. However, about 3 months
> ago we started only getting jobs to run on about 10 machines. (about
> 15 of those had been successfully using condor for more than 1 year).

When was the last time the XP machines that are having trouble running jobs were rebooted?

We have to restart our XP machines on a regular basis. No clue what puts them in a bad state exactly. Our theory is it has something to do with the constant creation/deletion of desktops for jobs by Condor. That XP just wasn't designed to handle that kind of log in/log out rate.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.