Re: [Condor-users] Condor, Kerberos, Active Directory and eDirectory

With the kerberos authentification you can run the job with RunAsOwner=True BUT without kerberos ticket. The submitter is authentificated with kerberos, but their is no ticket forwarding anywhere to my knowledge.

I have found many different workaround as we use NFS with kerberos, so our job need the ticket. The easier thing to do is to make an NFS parition that is not protected by kerberos for everything(data/librairies/executable) that is not on the execution host.

The other workaround is to handle yourself the forwarding of the keys... That is the option that we do, but this require the serialisation of the ticket into the executable to be run, the transfert of  the generated executable by condor to the execution host(condor always transfert the executable to the execution host(at least under linux)) then you must use the serialized ticket and lauching the real job... Doing all this safely is not trivial. We do something pretty secure by encrypting the serialized ticket, but their is at least one small know hole somewhere, the code is not audithed, ... Making something distributable take event more time. So we don't publish it as this is more like a complex hack for now as this is not integrated in anyway into condor.

If you want to go in the same route as us, I can guide you. If I have the authorization, maybe we could provide some code for the serialisation/deserialisation of the ticket too, but nothing sure their.

Fred

p.s. please try to keep your answer on the mailing list so that future people who look into the archives will find answer that you receive.