Re: [Condor-users] Antwort: Re: about different dagman jobs problem

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Tao.3.Chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

  Can I ask how to set job global priority among all users? I just found
I can only set local user's job priority, but it is not enough. Also I
need to keep all users' priority the same.

Hmm -- I don't totally understand what you're wanting to do -- there are user priorities, and job priorities, and they are separate. The job
priorities (which I referred to in my previous email about the DAG
setup) only affect things within the set of jobs for a given user.
The user priorities affect how many jobs are scheduled for a given user
at a given time.

Have you looked at section 3.4 of the manual (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_4User_Priorities.html#23967)?

When you say "I need to keep all users' priority the same" do you mean
that you essentially want to turn off the "fair-share" scheduling and not
change priorities based on how many jobs a user has run? You could pretty much do that by setting PRIORITY_HALFLIFE to a very small value (1, say -- I'm not sure whether 0 is okay or not).

You can set user priorities with the condor_userprio command -- assuming you have the right priviledges to do that -- you have to have Condor admin permission to set a user's priority.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team