Re: [Condor-users] GSI Authentication failure in condor

Sorry to bother you  asking this question:

Why globusrun-ws command is not  asking for X509 credentials??

and about installation part when i'll install condor binary(please mention the version ) then, obviously it'll go for download of globus, so what it does with this downloaded globus. will it be replacing the existing one. there is option at installation time that i can give path to externals but it doesnot work (past experience: actually i have already gone through this process but installation process took hail lot of time and it stuck up in between)

The only thing i am afraid of is destruction of my existing globus.

My email id: satyanarayan.iiitm@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:58:06AM +0530, satyanarayan rao wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> The scenario is i have installed rpm package of condor 7.2.4 in FC11..
>
> when i go for installation of condor 7.2.3 or 7.2.4 (the tar ball packages) it
> starts downloading the packages, it does not uses already installed e.g. PKI,
> globus, glibc which result in crash of system (FC11 issue. some linking error
> of libc.so.6). What i want is if at all it is possible to keep globus running
> as i have configured and install condor binary that can use existing globus and
> the packages thar are already on the system..

yes, if you downloaded the binaries from the condor web page, you should be
able to use those and leave your globus setup (and everything else) exactly as
it was.

i am afraid i don't have much experience with the RPMs, so i'm not sure if it's
best to remove that before installing the CS build of condor.  i would probably
leave it in place and extract the CS binaries alongside the RPM binaries, and
then edit the condor_config to change RELEASE_DIR to the new location.

> Case 3: Using globus-job-run command:
>

> a) Using Condor LRM of globus
>
>     [grid-node@grid-server ~]$ globus-job-run grid-server.iiitm.ac.in/
> jobmanager-condor /bin/date
>
>      ERROR: This version of Condor doesn't support X509 credentials!

you are encountering the same problem here -- the job will fail to be submitted
because the condor binaries you have were not built with GSI support.

> Not able to figure out the problem, even i am not getting any log in condor
> logs in case 3.

since the job failed to be submitted, it never made it into the condor system.

cheers,
-zach