Re: [Condor-users] SSL + windows + RunAsOwner

Olivier,

Do you want your execute machines to run _all_ jobs as 'ricou' or do you want them to support running jobs as any number of different people, depending on who submits the job?

If the former, then SLOTx_USER should do the trick. If the latter, then someone would have to think a bit harder about the interplay of the windows submit and unix execute. Off the top of my head, I don't know the answer.

--Dan

Olivier Ricou wrote:
Hi,

I send jobs from Windows to an Unix cluster. I have SSL as security authentication. It works meaning the job runs and I get the results.

I should be happy. I am but if the job run /usr/bin/id then I get
"nobody". I would like to have "ricou" (my unix account but not
my Windows account).

I read the manual. I set
 CRED_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST):$(CREDD_PORT)
 STARTER_ALLOW_RUNAS_OWNER = True

everywhere. I run condor_store_cred.exe add. In the job I added
"RunAsOwner = True" but the the jobs is refused, my requirements could
not be fulfilled.

I tried to play with the USER_MAPFILE but without success. I tried
to download http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~gquinn/run_as_owner.pdf but
it is not here anymore.

Can someone explain me how to do ?
Thanks,