Re: [Condor-users] quill database size

Greg Thain wrote:
> Mag Gam wrote:
> > We keep getting this message
> >
> > [Condor] Current database size (> 21911 MB) is bigger than 75 percent
> > of the limit (20 GB). Please descrease the values of these parameters:
> > QUILL_RESOURCE_HISTORY_DURATION, QUILL_RUN_HISTORY_DURATION,
> > QUILL_JOB_HISTORY_DURATION or QUILL_DB SIZE_LIMIT
> >
> If you aren't vacuuming the database, you should try that.  Postgres
> documentation claims that newer versions automatically vacuum, but we
> haven't had much success with that.

I don't think this is the problem.

He said he increased QUILL_DBSIZE_LIMIT to 60 and the error persists.

The problem is that the condor_dbmsd will not pick up this change
unless it is restarted.  And you can't restart the condor_dbmsd using
the condor_restart command because it doesn't have that as an option.

What you can do, as root, is "kill -TERM <pid of condor_dbmsd>" so it
will be restarted by the condor_master.  I had to do that earlier this
month for that exact same problem.

P.S. The "descrease" is not a typo, it is a flaw in the message text.

--
Daniel K. Forrest		Space Science and
dan.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Engineering Center