Re: [Condor-users] Whole System Scheduling

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 09:18:02AM -0700, Ian Chesal wrote:

:You mean like dynamic provisioning? In 7.2.x this is available. I myself haven't tried it yet. But the docs say it's there. See:
:
:http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_12Setting_Up.html#34452

That may just make my day!  I am currently running 7.2, guess I
haven't been reading the release notes as closely as I might have.

A quick look make me think that there's no way to prevent jobs with
high resourse needs from being starved out by lower need jobs.  For
example if there's a large number of low priority single CPU jobs such
that the cluster is fully partitioned a single high priority two cpu
job will never run?

I'll try it ou tand report back on how it works for me.

Thanks,
-Jon