Re: [Condor-users] Condor running as a predefined user

Forum,

	I have seemed to have come to a dead end :( I have searched high
and low for some resources to set up a system that will allow me to run
my software as a named user. The best I have gotten to is to set up my
system with a pool manager, two nodes and a submitter and the
credentials seem to fail to be recognized. Setting the run_as_owner as
false in the submission file allows me to do some basic windows calls
etc. I would guess I am missing something fundamental and of course very
obvious.

	From the perspective of documentation I have been following this
text ->
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/6_2Microsoft_Windows.html#SECT
ION00724000000000000000. It seems to be straight forward. At what point
to I store the local credentials as the user I am going to run the
processes as? Should I install the software as Administrator or the
User? Note I am trying this on a series of Windows boxes.

	I tried also to follow Todd's suggestion
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_6Security.html#SECTION004611
200000000000000. But got stuck where a node would have 16 CPUs. Why
should I have to create multiple accounts for each slot. Again I must be
missing something.

      I would note that using personal Condor was a snap and I wish the
above was as easy. Help! Ideally I would like a series of steps to run
through to get a system up an running.

Neil