Re: [Condor-users] condor submit and dag man

I doubt it.

First off, I assume you mean the schedd when you say condor_submit.

- Job dependencies are DAGMan's bread and butter, so for as long as
there's a DAGMan it seems like there's no reason to duplicate that
code in the schedd.

- MaxRunning might make sense to have on a per-user breakdown in the
schedd, or at least have a more fine-grained control that the
schedd-wide MAX_JOBS_RUNNING config setting. If the job ad could refer
to the queue then you could do this today, ie something like:
   requirements = TARGET.OpSys == "LINUX" &&
(count(localqueue.runningjobs) < 50)
(to be clear, I just made that syntax up, so don't try it and expect it to work)

-MaxIdle doesn't seem very useful for the schedd

As far as emulating them with other tools, that's what DAGMan is for.
What are you trying to do that doesn't work for you?

-Erik