Re: [Condor-users] "COLLECTOR address or hostname not specified in config file"

Johnson koil Raj wrote:
> Hi,
>    Condor not able to move the machine into low power mode. Even though
> Hibernation evaluated to RAM.

> 02/24 14:29:51 IsLocal: Y, IdStr: (null), Error: COLLECTOR address or
> hostname not specified in config file

Hello,

I've just upgraded my local cluster from 7.2.4 to 7.4.2, and experienced a
very similar problem with the `condor_stats` utility -- it unconditally
returned an identical error message, despite the fact that COLLECTOR_HOST was
defined in the global configuration file.

I found that adding a COLLECTOR_ADDRESS_FILE directive (set to something
simple like '$(LOG)/.collector_address') to my global configuration, and
restarting, fixed the problem.

My suspicion is that the changes that allow single-port operation have
inadvertently caused a regression.

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London