Re: [Condor-users] can any one tell me what this log is telling me ?

Aaron,  I am not an expert on this, but reading your start log,  it looks to me like authentication is failing between your windows (worker node 172.16.1.43) and another box (172.16.1.12, probably box from which the job was submitted from) which is trying to exercise a claim on one of the worker node's job slots.

You may want to read this part of the manual

 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/3_7Security_In.html#SECTION00474000000000000000

The ip addresses in the condor logs are normal, and I don't know of a way to configure condor to show hostnames (nor FQDN) in the logs instead.

Take it all with a grain of salt because I am fairly new to condor.