Re: [Condor-users] Problem with Java Universe

Might not be relevant to your problem, but I always set in the local configs:
JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT =
(i.e. to be empty)
-Ian

On 27/04/2010 15:29, James Osborne wrote:
Fellow Admins

I am having a problem submitting a java job to my Windows pool. The
central manager is a CentOS VM running version 7.2.4 of the binaries.
The execute nodes and the submit node I am trying to run the job from
are all Windows XP machines running the same version of the binaries.
This is the first time I have run a java job in over a year so I am a
bit rusty, please bear with me. A condor_config_val JAVA reports
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\java.exe" which is correct in my
environment.

I am confident that condor_status -java used to report machines when
running version 6.8.9 of the binaries, and since I have not changed the
java configuration moving from series 6 to series 7 (except for
HOSTALLOW_* to ALLOW_* etc) I thought that a condor_status -java would
report machines however it does not.

Can anyone else with a Windows pool confirm or deny this behaviour e.g.
loss of java universe ?

Are there any configuration values other than the HOSTALLOW_* to ALLOW_*
that crept in that I need to make to get the java universe working again ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

James

Ian Cottam
Information Systems Manager
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre &
School of Materials &
School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science (Room C24)
The John Garside Building (Room G.002)
The University of Manchester
e: ian.cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t: 0161 306 5198