Re: [Condor-users] configuring condor for Java

I am completely new to using condor.  I am currently attempting to configure condor for use with Java applications.

I typed comdor_status -java
And received no output.

I then typed condor_starter -classad

And it says: Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx1024m1024m

This is in fact a bug in Condor. We are currently working on a fix for that.

I tried the method where I set the MAXHEAP_Argument to nothing
And then I set my JAVA_EXTRA_ARGUMENTS = -Xmx1024m

As for the workaround: I just tried it again myself: If you do set JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT to nothing (or comment it out in your condor_config), then it should work. Make sure to restart Condor after making the configuration changes. Also make sure that you don't have the JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT defined in a later local config file; the last defined value will be used.

Thanks,
Cathrin

--
Cathrin Weiss