From: Cathrin Weiss [mailto:cweiss@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 11:39 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] configuring condor for Java

> I am completely new to using condor.  I am currently attempting to configure condor for use with Java applications.
>
> I typed comdor_status -java
> And received no output.
>
> I then typed condor_starter -classad
>
> And it says: Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx1024m1024m

This is in fact a bug in Condor. We are currently working on a fix for
that.

> I tried the method where I set the MAXHEAP_Argument to nothing
> And then I set my JAVA_EXTRA_ARGUMENTS = -Xmx1024m

As for the workaround: I just tried it again myself: If you do set
JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT to nothing (or comment it out in your
condor_config), then it should work. Make sure to restart Condor after
making the configuration changes. Also make sure that you don't have the
JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT defined in a later local config file; the last
defined value will be used.

Thanks,
Cathrin

--