[Condor-users] shared OS file system

HI,

I have been using condor for a while now and it was all going fine, then we decided to try booting mutiply Debian systems from a single nfs mounted image.

this all works fine and we can run multiply machines, the issue comes when trying to run Condor,

I booted one instance of the machine and installed condor and every thing ran fine, joined the pool and was happy enough.

but booting up a second machine then I got the error message

/var/run/condor does not exist or is not a directory?

I can see in the config there is

LOCAL_DIR
The location of the local Condor directory on each machine in your pool. One common option is to use the condor user's home directory which may be specified with $(TILDE). There is no default value for LOCAL_DIR . For example:
        LOCAL_DIR = $(tilde)
On machines with a shared file system, where either the $(TILDE) directory or another directory you want to use is shared among all machines in your pool, you might use the $(HOSTNAME)macro and have a directory with many subdirectories, one for each machine in your pool, each named by host names. For example:
        LOCAL_DIR = $(tilde)/hosts/$(hostname)
or:
        LOCAL_DIR = $(release_dir)/hosts/$(hostname)

so I have LOCAL_DIR = $(release_dir)/hosts/$(hostname)
Do I need to manually create and populate each directory for each machine, or is
there a way to get them to auto-create as a new machine joins the pool?

Cheers

Aaron