Re: [Condor-users] LocalCredd match is case sensitive

On 07/05/2010 10:22 AM, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
Hello,

I've just spend a few hours debugging why my jobs would no longer run after
what I thought was a minor rewrite of condor_config.local. It turns out I had
written

CREDD_HOST = xs205803.mydomain.com

in the machines of my pool and

CREDD_HOST = XS205803.mydomain.com

in the central manager.

This would cause jobs submitted to have the following requirements (generated
automatically by Condor):

Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL")&&  (OpSys == "WINNT52")&&  (Disk>=
DiskUsage)&&  ((Memory * 1024)>= ImageSize)&&  (HasFileTransfer)&&
(HasWindowsRunAsOwner&&  (LocalCredd =?= "XS205803.MELINDA.local"))

while the machines in the pool offered a ClassAd with

LocalCredd = "xs205803.MELINDA.local"

Which does not match because =?= is case sentitive.

Maybe this is well known, but I was caught totally off guard by this (expecting
a case insensitive match for a computer name).

What is the procedure to report a bug in Condor? Do I need to sign a
Contributor Licence Agreement for that (https://condor-
wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=MakingContributions).

This sounds familiar, and appears it may still be a problem in the 7.5 series.

The CLA is just for code contributions.

Feel free to contact me off-list about submitting a ticket on this.

Best,

matt