From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Erik Paulson
Sent: Tuesday, 24 August 2010 3:46 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Quill++ assistance

Greg: The "exit 44" issue is odd - status 44 means that Condor couldn't log some piece of information (which is why you don't see anything in the logs :). While I wouldn't rule anything in Condor out, 1:25:00 is not a number that strikes me as special in any of the Condor code, so I'm not sure what would happen on the Condor side with that periodicity. Are there any file server/virus scans/etc sort of activity that might interfere with writes to files that happen at your site?

Greg/Michael: the ACCESS_VIOLATION is happening in a strange spot. To answer your question, the Quill daemon should run continuously - however, if it is consistently crashing, the master will exponentially back off trying to run it until it only tries once an hour - so it may be likely that you'll see a core file with no Quill daemon running.

If that's the case and it is consistently crashing, I would love to see your full QuillLog, along with your sql.log file. We should be able to play it back and see exactly why it's crashing.

Thanks,

-Erik