Re: [Condor-users] Condor doesn't appear to respect X509_USER_PROXY

On Aug 24, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

>>> I should have mentioned that I already do this in the classad files
>>> referenced by the DAG:
>>>
>>> X509userproxy           = /nfs/home/ijstokes/.globus/x509up_u1004
>>>
>>> So that doesn't solve the problem, although perhaps if I took the
>>> intermediate DAG classad, modified it to include this, and submitted
>>> that, then it would work.
>>
>> If your submit files contain the x509userproxy attribute, then that's
>> the file Condor will use, regardless of the default proxy or
>> X509_USER_PROXY environment variable.
>
> I have a DAG file that does not contain x509userproxy (where would it
> be?), but for every NODE in the DAG I reference the same template
> classad.  That classad contains the x509userproxy attribute.  When I do
> condor_submit_dag, it looks for the proxy in /tmp.  I should mention
> that I'm submitting from one machine to a pool running on a separate
> machine with X509 authentication enabled.

I misread your original email. I thought some of the jobs within the dag were grabbing the proxy from the wrong location. It's odd that condor_submit_dag is looking for a proxy at all. What authentication methods is Condor configured to use on your machine? Also, can you run condor_submit_dag with the -no_submit option and send me the resulting submit file?

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team