Re: [Condor-users] transfer files on remove

On 12/21/2010 05:49 PM, Peter Doherty wrote:
Hello,

I use a PeriodicRemove statement in my classad to remove jobs that have
run longer than they should have.

And I also use file transfer methods like so:
Should_transfer_files = YES
When_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
Transfer_input_files = $(varInFiles)
Transfer_output_files = $(varOutFiles)

I'm wondering if there's a way to get the output files back not just
when the job exits on it's own, but when the periodicremove clears the
job out.
Partial results can be useful sometimes. Maybe I should be using
something other than PeriodicRemove to stop the job?
I tried ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT but that doesn't seem to get the files.

Thanks,

Peter

Hopefully someone has some more insight here, I remember a ticket about this, but can't find it at the moment.

I don't think you can do this right now. When PeriodicRemove triggers it is just like you called condor_rm, at least on the executing side. At one point it was reported that you could condor_vacate_job to get partial output, but you'd have to verify that.

Best,

matt