Re: [Condor-users] Condor killing jobs when other are completed?

My experience was that on a new installation, vanilla jobs will get killed if

) they are vacated because the server is too busy (usually because
they over-fork)

or

) there's a problem in communicating "ALIVE" messages (this happened
to me because DNS is handled a bit counterinutitively in condor)

Double check that

) the IP address that ths ubmitting machine knows itself as is the
same ip address that the executing machine can ping the submitter at

2) vanilla jobs are never allowed to be vacated or preempted ... since
it just kills them and thats probably not what you want