Re: [Condor-users] Disabling authentication

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 04:16:07PM -0500, Mark Visser wrote:
> I would like to simply disable authentication, since we're on a private
> network anyway.

authentication is optional by default, so unless you've gone out of your way to
turn it on, it isn't being used EXCEPT for one place:

when you submit jobs to condor, condor will force authentication to occur.
this happens by default using the filesystem (on unix) or ntsspi (on windows),
both of which are very fast and shouldn't present any performance problems.

if you really want to disable it even for job submission, then you just need
to add the one line you had mentioned:

> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = ClaimToBe

cheers,
-zach