[Condor-users] Dynamic slots

Hi,

I've been experimenting with condor 7.2.5, and wanted to check something.

I was able to enable dynamic slots, and after submitting a multi-cup job a new slot with fewer resources was created.

When I used queue to submit multiple versions of the initial multi-cpu job, it didn't seem to take advantage of the additional slots. However additional new jobs submitted with condor_submit did use the newly created sloted. (Though the additional instances created with queue didn't see the new subslots.)

Is that the way its supposed to work?

Thanks,
Diane Trout