Re: [Condor-users] Machine priority?

Thanks, all.

I set UWCS to TESTINGMODE before to disable the user priority.

Now, I've changed only the right entries so that it has no user priority and machine priority.

Thanks you all.

2010/2/17 Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 02/16/2010 03:34 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Genie Jhang <geniejhang@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:geniejhang@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Is it possible to configure like that?
>

> Yes, you can do this. The fastest way to success here is to implement it
> as part of the NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK _expression_ in your pool. See:
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_3Configuration.html#20551
>
> The UWCS example from that link about (which, BTW Condor Team, is still
> using VirtualMachineID...) is:
>
> NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = (RemoteOwner =?= Undefined) * (KFlops - SlotID)
>
> Does exactly what you're asking for, except it tries to spread jobs out
> across machines when you've got multiple machines with free slots
> available to your jobs. Rather than filling up one machine and then
> filling up the next machine.
>
> - Ian

http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1222,0

Thanks for pointing out the VirtualMachine reference, they are supposed to all be gone. In 7.5 the ALLOW_VM_CRUFT=true default is being changed to ALLOW_VM_CRUFT=false, which will surpress VirtualMachine attributes.

Best,

matt