[Condor-users] Running a mixed platform pool

Hello to all;

We’ve been using windows condor pools for a couple of years. Recently we recreate our first Linux negotiator machine to server most of our windows scheduler machines, some of our users we want to be able to submit jobs across platforms, windows to Linux and vice versa. So far we are submitting jobs from windows schedulers to windows startd machines fine, using condor_cred on the windows machines. Can I create a Linux Credd_host machine. When I tried condor_store_cred add –c  on the Linux negotiator, I always get:

root@mercedes ~]# condor_store_cred add -c

Account: condor_pool@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enter password:

Operation failed.

    Make sure you have CONFIG access to the target Master.

Any suggestions is welcome in advance,

Respectfully,

Alex Alas

Systems Administrator
Fugro EarthData Inc
.

Tel. 301-948-8550 x219 Fax 301-963-2064 E-mail: aalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7320 Executive Way, Frederick, MD  21704

Website: http://www.fugroearthdata.com