Re: [Condor-users] GPU and condor?

On Jan 8, 2010, at 12:41 AM, Tung-Han Hsieh wrote:

Dear Miron,

Here I have a suggestion which may help to integrate GPU, or even new
computing hardwares which we haven't seen into condor. Sorry that I am
not a condor expert. What I am going to mention may already have solutions.
Please correct me if it is this case.

In a computing node, is there a way for condor to run a general shell script as root, to detect the system, and then export some new attributes in the
hardware ClassAds, when condor start up?

<snip>

Hi,

Yes, this is the Hawkeye/STARTD_CRON that is referred to earlier in this thread. The basic idea is that a script gets periodically run by Condor, and attributes it produces get included in machine ads. The output of the script is simply lines of the form "Attribute = Value". STARTD_CRON is documented here: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_3Configuration.html#param :StartdCronName

-Ian

--
Ian D. Alderman

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Condor Grid Solutions
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com